What are glassy eyes- The term typically refers to an appearance of apathy where the eyes are unfocused and without lustre.
In some cases individuals with raised thyroid levels or Graves’ disease might have a gaze, wide-eyes, or glassy eyes in appearance.
Glassy Eyes in Baby: Causes and Cures
Some Typical Causes of Glassy Eyes Include:
- Viral conjunctivitis can also cause a slight inflammation of the eyes and a glassy appearance from tearing.
- Adenovirus is a significant reason for viral conjunctivitis.
- The herpes virus, such as that which causes chickenpox or shingles, can likewise affect the eye.
- Different types of allergic reactions can also cause the condition.
- Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose) can cause many physical and psychological symptoms consisting of glazed eyes.
- It is also stated that glassy eye is caused by not blinking frequently enough, triggering your eyes to end up being “dry” and lifeless.
- Taking drugs which affect the central nervous system, and even some medications, can offer your eyes a glassy appearance as you tend to blink less often if the drug is really depressing the nervous system. And the majority of people understand that cannabis frequently leads to glassy and red eyes …
- Glassy eyes is one of the requirements for identifying if an individual is drunk while driving. Alcohol depresses the nervous system, and impacts the eyes functions, such as size control and blinking.
Also read: Infant glassy eyes
- Putting a couple of Visine or Rhoto eye-drops in your eyes can remove a few of the glazed appearance relatively quickly.
- You can also attempt utilizing of natural tears 4-6+ times/day to help with your natural tear production.
- If you are concerned about having glassy eyes your doctor can detect the cause and take measures to address it. For example, if your doctor detects you have hypoglycemia, then treatment would include raising your blood sugars levels, and discovering what’s the cause of the condition itself.