A growing child needs all the nutrients from food to grow healthy and strong. If a child refuses to eat food at no obvious factor at all, then there is a problem in your child that needs to be attended to immediately. If illness has been dismissed as reason for the loss of appetite, then the child must be brought to the doctor for appropriate assessment of the issue of not consuming. In this case, the child more than likely has an eating disorder problem. The parents need to know signs of an eating disorder in their child.
The eating condition includes 3 kinds:
1. Anorexia is an eating condition defined by the fear of taking in food and fear of food itself. The child might typically deny cravings discomforts for worry of becoming fat.
2. Binge-purge syndrome is an eating disorder that the child has to do self-induced vomiting after consuming.
3. Binge-Eating Condition or Compulsive Overeating is when the child constantly consumes even when not feeling starving or currently complete however still remains to eat anyhow with no control.
All of the above show a dysfunctional method of consuming and is a major concern for illness of the child. The other essential behavior or symptoms to look out for are:
- Child chooses not to eat or eats very little food.
- There signifies social withdrawal, eating alone or consuming privately.
- Prominent modification in weight.
- The child has a disproportionate body image.
- The child does exhausting exercises for more than an hour.
- Immediately leaving the table and going to the bathroom.
- Showing signs of irritability, lightheadedness, feeling cold the majority of the time.
- Experiencing more stomach cramps.
- Uses loose clothes to conceal weight reduction.
- The child has dry yellow skin, puffy face and dry coarse hair.
- Fingers have sores and cuts or calluses.
- The child doesn’t appreciate his/her weight-loss.
- The child is afraid to obtain fat or be overweight.
The eating disorder issue may originate from some combined biological, behavioral and social influences. Some children may be made to think that being thin is a good thing so they can suit clothes more easily like fashion models do.
The eating condition issue may likewise be mental and emotional in nature. The child fears to be fat so he/she consumes less food. This ends up being a practice that the child embraces for as long as the child can do this on his own to preserve the perfect weight that he has in mind.
Is your child facing this type of issue? The first thing to do is to attend to the problem immediately. Aim to talk to your child to show issue. Do it calmly and reasonably enough for the child to understand your issue about his health.
Remember not to require the child to eat and do not reprimand him for not eating. Consult your doctor and discover ways to improve the child’s diet and consuming practices.
You can also seek aid from a qualified therapist who would assist you and your child to follow an eating condition program. This program is a kind of treatment which involves medical management, family therapy, nutritional therapy, specific psychotherapy and other crucial household support system activities.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?