Asafetida, likewise referred to as hing, is a latex gum extracted from a number of types of a perennial herb, Ferula. It is available in the market as a solid brick or smaller pieces, along with in tablet or powder kind.
This potent-smelling spice is commonly used in Persian and Indian cooking for flavoring, food preservation and fragrance. Due to its strong odor, it is also called Devil’s dung. From a dietary viewpoint, asafetida provides protein, fiber, carbs, calcium, phosphorous, iron, niacin, carotene and riboflavin.
In addition to its culinary uses, asafetida has a popular place in traditional medication. Its health benefits come from its carminative, antiviral, anti-bacterial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anticoagulant, antispasmodic, expectorant, sedative, diuretic, vermifuge, emmenagogue, aphrodisiac and anti-carcinogenic residential or commercial properties.
Given its various restorative and alleviative powers, this spice is likewise described as the ‘Food of the Gods’.
Asafetida, also called hing, is a latex gum extracted from a number of species of a perennial herb, Ferula. It is readily available in the market as a solid brick or smaller sized pieces, along with in tablet or powder kind.
Asafoetida Benefits for Babies
Here are the leading 10 health advantages of asafetida
1. Treats Stomach Issues
Asafetida is a remarkable spice to treat various type of stomach problems. It has antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antiflatulent residential or commercial properties that assist minimize problems like indigestion, indigestion, digestive gas, intestinal tract worms, flatulence and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). It is likewise considered helpful in dealing with food poisoning.
- Consume a bit of asafetida every day by adding it to curries and food.
- Another choice is to liquify a couple of little pieces of asafetida in one-half cup of water. Drink it daily after eating your meal.
2. Treatments Breathing Conditions
Due to its anti inflammatory, antiviral and antibiotic results, asafetida is frequently used to treat breathing issues like asthma, bronchitis, dry cough, whooping cough and colds. Plus, it acts as a breathing stimulant, which is extremely useful in relieving chest congestion and launching phlegm.
- A paste prepared by grinding asafetida in water then using it on your chest is an efficient treatment for relieving a cough.
- You can likewise blend together one-half teaspoon each of asafetida powder and dry ginger powder and two tablespoons of honey. Have this mixture at least three times a day to get relief from a dry cough, whooping cough, bronchitis and asthma.
3. Relieves Menstrual Issues
Asafetida is truly a boon for women, as it assists get rid of menstrual pain, irregular menstruation and heavy blood flow during menstruation. Asafetida enhances progesterone secretion and promotes smooth blood flow, and therefore supplies relief from these typical female problems.
- Mix a pinch of asafetida, one-half teaspoon of fenugreek powder and salt for taste in a cup of buttermilk.
- Drink this two or three times daily for a month to reduce the pain and discomfort accompanying menstrual periods.
4. Soothes Headaches
Whether you have a headache due to a common cold or a migraine, asafetida can undoubtedly solve your problem. Due to its anti-inflammatory residential or commercial properties, asafetida can help reduce inflammation of the capillary in the head, which in turn will decrease headaches.
- Heat a dash of asafetida in one and one-half cup of water. Enable it to simmer for about 15 minutes and then drink it a couple of times a day to alleviate moderate stress headache.
- Another option is to take one teaspoon each of asafetida, dried ginger, camphor and two teaspoons of tailed pepper. Add enough milk or increased water to form a paste. Apply this paste on your forehead to treat tension and migraine headaches.
5. Eases Toothaches
Due to its anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties, asafetida assists reduce tooth pain and fight infection. It can likewise help treat bleeding gums and cavities.
- Merely position a really little piece of asafetida on the aching tooth to get quick relief from a tooth pain.
- You can also make a mouth wash with asafetida. Boil a little asafetida and a couple of cloves in one cup of water. When lukewarm, use it as a mouth rinse.
- Another option is to make a plaster by heating one-half teaspoon of asafetida in two teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Soak a cotton bud in it and use it on the impacted tooth.
Follow either of these solutions a few times a day up until you get relief.
6. Eases Ear Pains
The anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties of asafetida can help alleviate an ear ache triggered by an infection.
- Heat coconut oil in a small pan.
- Include a small piece of asafetida and permit it to melt.
- When lukewarm, use this mix as ear drops.
- You can use two or three drops of this service and repeat as required.
7. Treats Colic Pain
Asafetida can successfully ease the symptoms of colic pain in babies by calming the mucous membranes lining the intestinal tract.
Prior to utilizing asafetida for dealing with colic pain, make certain your baby is experiencing gas and not some other problem. If your baby’s stomach is tight and bloated, it is most likely gas.
- Make a thin paste of asafetida and warm water.
- Apply the paste around the navel area (do not put it in the navel).
- Repeat as required.
Keep in mind: For infants and toddlers, it is not advisable to give asafetida internally.
8. Avoids Cancer
As asafetida is a powerful anti-oxidant, it assists protect the body from free radicals. Research studies reveal its anti-carcinogenic property helps stop the development of malignant cells and thus avoids cancer.
Of the numerous substances in asafetida that have the possible to treat or prevent cancer, two most extensively investigated compounds are umbrelliprenin and ferulic acid, both which aid avoid the development of new cancer cells.
9. Deals with Impotency
Asafetida has actually also been used for ages to treat impotency, or impotence, in men.
- Fry one-fourth teaspoon of asafetida in a little clarified butter.
- Remove from heat and mix in half teaspoon of fresh latex of banyan tree and some honey.
- Take this mixture daily in the morning for 40 days to observe enhancement in your condition.
According to a study in Egypt, asafetida is likewise helpful in the treatment of genital infections.
10. Heals Insect Bites and Stings
Asafetida is also extremely beneficial in treating insect bites and stings from bees and wasps. It alleviates pain and swelling and helps in reducing the harmful impacts. In fact, asafetida is likewise used in insect repellant products to ward off mosquitoes, gnats and other insects because of its pungent odor.
- Make a paste of asafetida powder and water.
- Apply it as a poultice on the afflicted area.
- Let it dry and then rinse it off.
- Repeat as needed.
Individuals taking hypertension medications, those experiencing blood clot problems and pregnant women need to avoid taking asafetida.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?