Numerous rashes or skin problems are more of a cosmetic issue than a signal of any real issue in your baby. If she’s chronically itching or bothered by the rash or skin problem, absolutely speak to her pediatric dermatologist. Otherwise, in most cases, the issue will merely clear up by itself. However, if her breathing is likewise affected (she’s wheezing or breathing quickly or noticeably swelling in the face, lips or mouth), she might be having a severe allergic reaction and requires immediate medical attention.
What is a Pediatric Dermatologist?
If your child has skin problem such as birthmarks, eczema, warts, or psoriasis, a pediatric skin doctor has the experience and qualifications to treat your child. Pediatric skin specialists treat a variety of pediatric skin conditions using the most recent offered treatment methods. Pediatric dermatologists treat children from birth through teenage years.
What Sort of Training Do Pediatric Dermatologists Have?
Pediatric dermatologists are medical doctors who have had
- Four years of medical school
- One year of specialized pediatrics internship training
- Two years of dermatology residency training
- One to 3 years of pediatric dermatology fellowship training
What Types of Treatments Do Pediatric Dermatologists Offer?
Pediatric skin specialists supply medical care for a variety of skin conditions. They typically provide the following services:
- Diagnosis and treatment of various skin problem, consisting of contact dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, vitiligo, hives, warts, hemangiomas, birthmarks, and genetic skin conditions
- Prescription treatment of skin conditions
- Medical and/or surgical treatment of skin conditions such as warts and molluscum (pea-sized yellow or pink lumps)
- Surgical elimination of molluscum, warts, and other small swellings in the skin (eg, cysts)
- Skin biopsies
Where Can I Discover A Pediatric Skin doctor?
Pediatric dermatologists practice in a variety of medical settings, consisting of children’s health centers, university medical centers, and large neighborhood hospitals.
Pediatric Dermatologists– The Best Take care of Children
Children are not just little grownups. They can not always state what is bothering them. They can not constantly answer medical concerns, and are not constantly able to be patient and helpful during a medical exam. Pediatric skin specialists know how to examine and treat children in such a way that puts them at ease. This includes assessment and waiting rooms that might have toys, videos, and books for children. In addition, pediatric skin specialists use medical equipment developed for children.
If your pediatrician recommends that your child see a pediatric skin specialist, you can be guaranteed that your child will receive the best possible treatment.